Playing Dress Up

Playing Dress Up
Brenna wearing Mama's hat.

Monday, August 6, 2012

Social Eyes-An Amazing Team


This morning, my taskmaster and I met with an amazing team who will provide a web site, FB, and a micro site for Condemned to Die: Ask me how. Tell me why.

When I first met Blane Russell of getsocialeyes.com a week ago, my heart was impressed with his knowledge and dedication to his job. He showed me amazing things with the techie stuff that I could not ever have learned to do on my own. As he was leaving town that afternoon, I gave him Brenna's book to read.

Today, we met with Blane again. He confessed that he had not been able to read the entire book. It hurt too much to realize Brenna's pain in her journey. I appreciated his comments. While friends and others who have followed Brenna's story all those months have commented on the book, this was the first time someone who had never known her and had not followed her journey, gave an opinion of the book. His tears were real. He got it. The book was not about making money. The book is about changes in hearts and attitudes towards those who suffer an anoxic brain injury.

Blane brought in his chief strategist, Jessica. She was a little slip of a thing, but oh, so open and knowledgeable about the job she had been asked to do. This mother's heart broke when I saw the tears in this young woman's eyes. Her pain over the injustices of the treatment Brenna did or did not receive was real. Her tears were real. Over the next few weeks, Jessica will learn all she can about Brenna and about me. She will use what she learns to develop a plan of action. Jessica "got it". She understood.

I could never have asked for a better team. They are truly God sent, just as my taskmaster was God sent a month ago. When God puts something together, events happen. Change comes.

I am grateful to those who make up my team, the ones that will make things happen. Steven, Adam, Blane, Grant, and Jessica and others I may not have seen yet, thank you from the bottom of this mother's heart.
**********

After our meeting with Blane and Jessica, the taskmaster and I went on a different journey. I had decided to purchase a new-to-me house. At first, it didn't look as if I would get the house. I left the house in God's hands. Friday, I got the call. The house was mine if I still wanted it.

Today, I signed the papers. I am now the proud owner of a little house on a small lake on the SE side of Boise. I can hear the ducks and geese and see them play on the water. Tippy will have lush green grass that I have promised her so long.

The house was fully furnished and the price was right. Tonight, I took personal belongings to the new house and made a list of things I wanted to keep and those I wanted to let go.

Now begins the journey to move. I will be sorting stuff and learning to let go of things I no longer need but have held onto.

Please pray that I get this older home sold soon. Then I can truly reach to the future with Gibbs and Tippy at my side. They will love the new place. I just hope Gibbs doesn't spend too much time barking at the geese. Tippy just wants the grass.

And again, thanks to my friend and taskmaster for helping me along this way.
























No comments: