Playing Dress Up

Playing Dress Up
Brenna wearing Mama's hat.

Friday, August 24, 2012

Countdown begins

The countdown begins. In less than one month, I will be heading out in the old motor home. The goal is to reach Washington, D.C. after the election and meet with members of Congress about the problems people with hypoxic-anoxic brain injuries face in our broken medical society. The miles are long and I will travel most of them alone, although I will be stopping along the way to visit with friends and families who have traveled and many still are traveling this mysterious journey to recovery of a brain injury.

This journey is dedicated to a special young lady, my precious daughter, Brenna Deshawn Dowd. Mama told her I would take her story to the nation. This is the first step on the journey.

I would appreciate your prayers in the coming days as I prepare for the journey.

No comments: