Playing Dress Up

Playing Dress Up
Brenna wearing Mama's hat.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Showers of Blessings

First good news of the day.

The new web site is under construction. The URL will be LuvUrBrain.com . It isn't ready yet but check with it in a week or so and watch the amazing web site unfold. Jessica is the young lady from getsocialeyes.com who has spent so much time getting the site information organized and ready to go. She comes up aces for me all the time.

Second good news of the day.

The trip planning is happening. If all goes well, I will pull out of here on the 22nd of September, arriving in DC after the election. I will be traveling a northern route, meeting families and patients who have suffered hypoxic-anoxic brain injuries. I look forward to meeting each one of you.

I will travel I80 until I get to Davenport, IA, then head north through Wisconsin to Michigan, then down through central Michigan to Columbus, Indiana. After Columbus, IN, I will head toward Dayton, Ohio. I graduated from nearby Fairborn, Ohio.

From Dayton, I'll make my way to DC. I'll announce the southern route later. I am working on that one so I am not arriving back in Idaho after Christmas.

Third good news of the day.

I attended a meeting where our Senator Crapo discussed the country's debt problems. After the meeting, I delivered to his local chief aide a letter to Senator Crapo about the issues many of you addressed to me. The aide handed the letter to Senator Crapo, who tried to hand it back to him. The aide told him the letter was for him to read.

And read it he did! Now, I am over the moon with joy.

Senator Crapo not only read the letter, he has asked his staff to find answers to the more pressing questions. Because this is an election year and everyone is very busy, we can't guarantee when we will get the answers, if they will all come at once, or if the answers will come one at a time. But, we have the honorable senator interested.

Thank you, Senator Crapo, from the bottom of this mother's heart. And thank you to all his staff who will work hard to find answers for us, and especially to Lindsay, who heard Brenna's story last month and understood the many problems she faced.

Fourth good news of the day.

The sign idea is in progress. On the back of the motor home will be a huge sign that has the image of a brain with the words, HONK IF YOU LOVE YOUR BRAIN and the URL for the new web site. As people travel behind me, they will be able to check out the site for themselves.

**********

Six weeks ago, I didn't know how to make any of this happen. Then God sent the Taskmaster into my life. When God opens a door, we pass through and let Him lead the way.

I am so grateful for those who have believed that Brenna's story must be heard and for those who are working so hard to make it happen.

Thank you for all the prayers you have lifted on behalf of this trip. Continue to pray for my strength and for Bessie to make the trip safely.

No comments: