Playing Dress Up

Playing Dress Up
Brenna wearing Mama's hat.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Life is amazing. God always has good things in store.

This past weekend, I took the motor home for a short trip to NV, hoping to see the  Ruby Mountains. I barely got started with the climb and noticed old Bessie was heating up. I turned around and went back, spending a break time for the dogs in a little park in Lamoille, NV.

One purpose of the short trip was to discover any bugs in old Bessie that needed to be fixed before the big trip next month. The generator wouldn't start and that will have to be fixed. The mechanic in NV (who didn't have time to fix it) said the fuel forms a coating like varnish when a generator sits for a long time. On the trip, I'll be using the generator EVERY day.

Another purpose of the trip was for the Taskmaster to assess how much time I needed between stops to rest up this body. As he prepares the trip schedule, he does not want me over-driving my strength and becoming too fatigued to finish the trip.

I have promised the Taskmaster and team to take the trip in slow and easy steps to preserve my strength. While I love to drive old Bessie, we both are not as young as we used to be and both will need frequent breaks.

No comments: