Playing Dress Up

Playing Dress Up
Brenna wearing Mama's hat.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Projected date of trip

September 22, 2012, is the projected day I begin the long voyage around the country, visiting patients and families who have faced hypoxic-anoxic brain injuries. I will be interviewing them as I go, taking their stories to Washington, DC. No one should have to face what Brenna did. She deserved better than what she got out of our broken health care system.

For 15,000 miles, Brenna was my navigator. My heart aches to begin without her, but I know this is what she would expect me to do. This is the first trip in the motorhome that I will take alone. I will need your prayers as I make this journey.
This trip is not only to honor Brenna's memory, but to fulfill the Plan Brenna knew God had for her life. Change must come. Let it begin with a mother's journey.
 
One of Brenna's favorite verses: Philippians 4:13
 
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

No comments: