Playing Dress Up

Playing Dress Up
Brenna wearing Mama's hat.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Purchasing Condemned glitch is fixed!

When I realized that brick and mortar stores were not going to carry Condemned to Die: Ask me how. Tell me why. because their system showed the book for online purchase only, I contacted the publisher. When I agreed to a packet to publish the book, I wanted to ensure that all stores had the availability of carrying the book on their shelves. For stores, it is important that the book have returnability status. The book has been for sale for three weeks online but not available in stores. I apologize for this error.

Last Friday, I had an appointment to meet a gentleman regarding setting up a book tour. I didn't have my extra copies yet and thought I would just whip over to Barnes and Noble and get one for him. B&N told me it had to be ordered and to expect delivery in two weeks. The clerk told me that in their system, that was the only way to get the book. That wasn't what I thought was happening to the book. I had thought that when stores received notice of its availability, they would have the option of putting it on their shelves. Instead, they were not given the option as I had contracted for.

As I talked to staff at the publishing company, I learned that somehow along the way, when the notice was sent out with the thousands of other books, the returnability status was not indicated on the notice. No store would take on a book for which they would have to eat the loss. I understood that. However, I wanted the glitch fixed to ensure that all brick and mortar stores knew about the returnability.

It has taken all week, but I just received notice from the publisher that the book now shows its returnability status. I will call B&N after the weekend to see how it appears on their system. This glitch is supposed to be fixed and the publisher should have notified the list of the change to the original status.

The book is not about me getting rich. The book is about funding research into the rehabilitation of patients who suffer an anoxic or hypoxic brain injury. Right now, the book is available on line at three sources: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and WestBow Press. If your local bookstores do not show it in their system to purchase within the next week, please let me know.

If you choose to purchase it from the least expensive source, my feelings will not be hurt. At this stage in marketing, I believe it is more important to get the message to the most people.

When you are finished reading the book, please submit a review on the site where you purchased the book.

Thank you and God bless.

Pam
Condemned to Die: Ask me how. Tell me why.

condemnedtodie2012@gmail.com

No comments: