Playing Dress Up

Playing Dress Up
Brenna wearing Mama's hat.

Friday, May 4, 2012


Yesterday morning, God gave me a special gift. I saw a glimpse of Brenna. She was laughing. What a joy it will be when I see her again. Meanwhile, I continue with the job she left me to do, tell her story.

I haven't been to sleep tonight and morning will soon dawn. Brenna and I were up so often in the middle of the night after she completed her class work. That was when she loved to take our trips to look for deer in the neighborhood. Sometimes we saw other critters that roam in the night, an owl taking flight, wolves chasing a deer, a young buck that tempted us to follow him down the road, and a badger waddling across our path.

I can't break the habit of being awake at these hours. But never again will I be out late at night, prowling around, looking for God's creation after dark. Those times were reserved for Brenna, my buddy, my pal.

Brenna girl, in the blink of God's eye, Mom will be there with you.

No comments: