Playing Dress Up

Playing Dress Up
Brenna wearing Mama's hat.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Condemned to Die: Ask me How. Tell me Why.

Condemned to Die: Ask me How. Tell me Why. is in final revision. This is my last opportunity to make author changes. For those who have waited so long, I thank you for your patience and your encouragement every day. Proceeds from Condemned will not go toward making me rich. That isn't God's plan. The proceeds will fund Brenna's Hope Foundation to fund research into the recovery and rehabilitation of patients who suffer an anoxic brain injury.

Our government is not funding research for  rehabilitation and recovery of anoxic brain injuries. It is left to those of us who have walked this journey to see that research is done. There are so many things that need to be done, but in the words of a gentleman I met many years ago, "If everybody did a little bit, no one would have to do a lot."

I keep looking at the retreat Brenna wanted to buy for Type I diabetics. It is still for sale. I talk about this property in the book. It sits on over 100 acres and has an indoor, covered swimming pool that can be covered for an exercise floor. I look at the small private lake and I dream of a pier where a person with an anoxic brain injury can sit on the pier and fish. I see the woods and I think of the wild life that abounds that could get the attention of patients.

This property would be an excellent place for people in the early stages of recovery from an anoxic brain injury to rehabilitate, and a perfect place for family members to learn the best way they can work toward a goal of restoration of the brain with their loved ones.

With my long journey with Brenna, I am convinced that our country and the rest of the world has the treatment of patients with an anoxic brain injury totally backward. Yes, they can survive. Yes, they can get better. They deserve more treatment days than what is allowed for a knee surgery.

Be a partner with us. Please watch for the release date of Condemned and help make Brenna's Hope Foundation possible.

As her mother, I do not intend for BHF to be a money-making scheme for me. I made up my mind long ago, that BHF will not pay me a salary. My personal needs are few and simple.

No comments: