Playing Dress Up

Playing Dress Up
Brenna wearing Mama's hat.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Condemned to Die: Ask me How. Tell me Why. is closer to release. The book is in the layout/design stage. It should be back for approval of the eproof by May 31st. I look forward to your responses to the book.

Condemned will be released to Amazon, Barnes & Noble and will be available in Kindle format.

Condemned is the 16 month's journey my daughter, Brenna Deshawn Dowd, traveled on her road to recover from a medically unexplained anoxic brain injury on May 26, 2010, following a retina repair surgery.

Condemned explores a mother's reflections on a broken health-care system that will not allow a person with an anoxic brain injury to receive adequate treatment for rehabilitation and recovery.

As I grieve my loss and reflect back on the last 30 years, I have come to understand one important thing. This book is God's plan.  Condemned  has been 30 years in the making. Brenna's life was a journey. Her life was God's plan.

As she said to me the morning of her retina repair surgery, "God has a plan for my life. I don't know what it is, but God does have a plan." Condemned to Die: Ask me How. Tell me Why. is God's plan for Brenna's life. This book, sharing her story is the only thing that makes sense. Brenna would expect nothing less of her mother, even in my grief.

God honored me with her life. He honored me with those last 16 months.

No comments: