Playing Dress Up

Playing Dress Up
Brenna wearing Mama's hat.

Friday, May 18, 2012


On July 26, 2009, Brenna took three photos at Niagara Falls that are outstanding. Not because of the Falls, but because of the clouds.

Until weeks after Brenna died, I hadn't touched her camera. I felt it was a violation of her privacy. However, when I downloaded the pictures onto my computer, I was astounded at what I saw.

In one picture is an image of a man, hair flying behind him as if racing across the sky. I call that photo, The Forerunner.

In the second picture, taken a few minutes later, are two male images, both with right arms outstretched as if they have slain the enemy. I looked at the picture and said, "Behold, He Comes!" A friend said he could see the wings.

The third picture is symbolic and is not yet named. One cloud looks like a penguin on its belly. As I had worked with Brenna and read to her, I read a story about a purple penguin. I asked Brenna if penguins were purple. She looked at me and shook her head "NO".  She KNEW that penguins were supposed to be black and white and she let me know that she knew.

In the clouds behind the penguin are the beginnings of two words. A friend increased the size of the picture and gave me an excited call. She said that in the face of the penguin is the image of a woman with her hair in a bun, welcoming a younger female person.

Yes, to some, these are just clouds. But others see the images. God sends messages to us in various ways.

No comments: