Playing Dress Up

Playing Dress Up
Brenna wearing Mama's hat.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day 2012



Mother’s Day

I am a mother: through the grace of God, a young birth-mother Shawn, and the blessing of my only child who allowed me to love her and be her mom.

As I face the first Mother’s Day without my biggest blessing and best friend, I hold in my hands, not what she gave me two years ago, but what I gave her.

You see, I came to realize that Mother’s Day wasn’t about ME getting. It was about me GIVING honor to this precious young lady who was my heart and soul.

On that Mother’s Day before she became sick in 2010, I had given her a bracelet, pendant, and earring set that shows she was in the heart of God. My being a mother was only because of her birth.

I am thankful for the blessing. She was my joy, the center of my heart. I will miss her forever.

Love never ends and a mother’s broken heart never mends.

I loved her before she was born. I loved her all the days of her life. I will love her as long as God gives me breath.

Brenna Deshawn Dowd, I am so proud to be your mother. Forever and always, I will always love you.

No comments: