Playing Dress Up

Playing Dress Up
Brenna wearing Mama's hat.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Things to Ponder

Just a few questions to think about before I go to bed.

Isn't it strange that it would be "cruel and unusual punishment" to starve to death a prisoner on death row, yet starving to death a person who has a brain injury is "humane"? Strange indeed! I didn't see anyone protesting at the hospital doors when doctors were trying to convince me to starve Brenna to death. Yet they lined up on the Capital steps on a death penaly case for a man who killed three people. Strange sense of values!

Christians sing, "What a day that will be, when my Jesus I shall see, When I look upon his face, the one who saved me by his grace." This brings to mind the question:

If Christians are so happy at the thought of going to Heaven, then why are we spending so much time and money with doctors, delaying the journey?

I keep getting told that Brenna is in a better place. I KNOW she is. I GET it. Every family who walks this journey knows the suffering is over. My question to all those who think they need to keep reminding me: Since you believe Brenna is in a better place and it is where you say you are headed, then why do you get so mad when an older person doesn't get on the organ transplant list?

Just thinking!

No comments: