Playing Dress Up

Playing Dress Up
Brenna wearing Mama's hat.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Love never dies

My heart bleeds when people suggest that I move on, that I reach out to new things that do not remind me of my beloved Brenna. I want to remember her, the dreams we shared, the trips we took, the goals she had, every moment of those last 16 months where I was at her side every moment I could be there. I do not want to ever forget the precious person she was. For those who believe I should just "move on", they did not know my Brenna. They do not know me.

When a person dies, where does love go? When a person dies, does love die, too? Love stays in the heart. Love is real. Love does not die.

From the first moment I knew Brenna was going to be born, I loved her. I did not know if the baby would be a girl or boy. It did not matter to me. I knew that no matter what, I loved the baby before birth.

When the social worker handed that precious little bundle to me and I uncovered her sweet little face, my heart turned cartwheels and I fell head over heels in love with her, my precious gift from God.

Her little turned up  nose and her rosebud lips and her sparkling eyes that could blaze with emotions, touched my life all the days of her life.

I loved her before she was born. I loved her when I first saw her. I loved her all of her life.

And when she died on October 1, 2011, LOVE DID NOT DIE. I will love her forever. Present tense.

Each night as I left her room at the nursing home I said, "Brenna, I love you forever. Forever I do. Always and ever, Your mama loves you."

Child of my heart, the joy of my soul, in the blink of God's eye, Mom will be there with you.

No comments: