Playing Dress Up

Playing Dress Up
Brenna wearing Mama's hat.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Psalm 116: 8, 9

Psalm 116: 8, 9

8 For you, Lord, have delivered me from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling, 9 that I may walk before the Lord in the land of the living.

Every day I read devotionals to Brenna from a little book called Jesus Calling. This verse became a frequent theme in our lives as we journeyed to the hope of recovery. I explained the verses to her as I believed they applied to her.

My precious Brenna joined hands with Jesus eleven months ago today; and today, she truly walks before the Lord in the land of the living. Although my heart aches at the loss of her presence, I cannot be bitter at God for to be bitter would be to dishonor my God who gave me the blessing of my only child. I would not have missed her life for the world and am ever grateful to God for those moments we shared.
 
**********
 
Three weeks from today, in Brenna's honor, I will begin the journey to Washington, DC, to bring the message that how we treat and accept people with brain injuries must change. I know that Brenna is happy, knowing at last that her mom is on the way, and I know that she is happy that the Taskmaster has made this trip so much easier for me as he created a team to remove the burden of logistics off my shoulders.
 
Let the dialogue begin. To God be the glory.

No comments: