Playing Dress Up

Playing Dress Up
Brenna wearing Mama's hat.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A more than fair deal


Today was a great day.
Last week, while at Ponderosa State Park, I had a bit of a brush up with a tall pine tree. The reservations map said the site would fit a 40 foot motor home. Not so! My motor home is 34 feet. While trying to avoid the large concrete blocks that guard the electric and water hook-ups, I hooked the rear of the motor home on a tree. No major damage but it did pull the passenger corner off a bit.

What to do? I turned to the Taskmaster who always seems to have an answer or know where to find one. He set up an appointment at Spangler’s Body Shop at 11650 West Fairview in Boise. Before going to that appointment, I went to the generator shop to figure out why the generator wasn’t running. After an hour+ there, the mechanic told me I needed a carburetor that was not in stock anywhere in the US and wouldn’t be until the end of Sept. They told me it also needed a fuel pump. No need to spend money on a fuel pump if I didn’t have a carburetor.

I went ahead to Spangler’s.  Kevin Spangler gave me a more than fair price to fix the motor home. I told him about the generator. He called a customer who just happens to work on generators. I left the motor home there. Yesterday the generator repair man from Gem State Generator Repair called and said the problem was not the carburetor or the fuel pump and gave me a price. I expected the repair to be done within a few days.

Well, this morning I got the call. All the repairs were done and under the bid price. Both repairs cost me less than what I had expected to pay for the body repair alone.

Then on to Signs Now on Maple Grove in Boise where the “Honk if you love your brain” wrap sign will be made. We didn’t have the graphics yet but by 5 PM, I had approved the graphics and the sign will be made on Friday, ready to install on Monday.

This evening as the Taskmaster and I were watching the Giants/Cowboys game, I asked him if he thought God pushed the motor home into the tree so I could find the right person to repair the generator. He smiled and said, “I was thinking about that.”

I am grateful to the Taskmaster and his giant fount of knowledge that seems to know just the right people I need to get me ready for this journey.

Thanks to Kevin Spangler, who not only fixed the body and called someone to fix the generator, he made sure I had his info in case I have trouble on the road. He did a great job on the repair and treated me fairly on the price.

Also, thanks to John at Gem State Generator for his expertise in doing what I had been told couldn’t be done. The price he charged was much less than what he quoted.

Yes, God can get our attention by pushing an aging motor home into a tree. The repairs were done God’s way by people he chose.

Now, I can get ready for the trip and not worry about the big things.

God is good.

 

 

No comments: