Playing Dress Up

Playing Dress Up
Brenna wearing Mama's hat.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Lobster Dinner

Before Brenna got sick, she saved all our change for lobster dinner in Boston when we went back for the clinical trials for Harvard's cure for Type I diabetes. She was due in Boston two weeks after her brain injury. She missed her appointment. After she got sick, I kept saving my change, adding a paper lobster to the lobster pot I drew for her for every $25 saved.

After she died, I just couldn't use that money on fancy meals for myself. The money was for US and there is no US. But Brenna had a passion to help the Boise Rescue Mission. Today, I donated the money to them. The money will take care of two people for a week at the mission. Brenna would like that.

While I was making the run to the Mission, someone on the radio was talking about a food drive for the Mission. Brenna loved going to Costco, buying for them.

Brenna, Mama delivered the food you would have bought to the Mission and gave them your lobster money. I asked Rev. Roscoe to find something special to do for the Mission. It won't spread far but you always reminded me that we should do our part to help those with less than we had. I miss you girl. Forever and always, your Mama loves and misses you.

No comments: