Playing Dress Up

Playing Dress Up
Brenna wearing Mama's hat.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

At last!

As readers will remember, last fall on my journey I stopped to visit Senator Michael Crapo (ID) in Washington, D. C. It was a great 15 minutes of sharing my concerns with him about people with brain injuries and the limited recovery opportunities they have, especially if the patient has no health insurance.

Last week I told you I would have something special to announce. Now I can share.

Senator Crapo will be in Pocatello, Idaho on May 28th, to speak at and moderate Idaho's first Traumatic Brain Injury Summit at the Stephens Performing Arts Center at ISU.  I am proud that he is going to be there. This is a giant first step for the people in Idaho who have a traumatic brain injury.

Please let Senator Crapo know how much you appreciate his interest in brain injuries.

Please share the flyer with all you know.

Brenna's problems with her brain began with a concussion in 2009. We did not know how critical a concussion is. I know now that there is no such thing as a "simple" concussion. All should be taken seriously and monitored carefully.  Thirteen months later, after her 4th eye repair surgery, Brenna suffered her anoxic brain injury. From there, she entered into a world where anoxics too often are ignored for treatment. From her seat in Heaven, I know she would be smiling if she could see this day.

In Brenna's honor, I will be on the panel to bring insight into what families face when they have no health care and tragedy happens. Brenna was one of those who could not obtain health insurance because of a pre-existing condition. She was one of the unfortunates. Her mother could not buy her the treatment she needed.

If you can be in Pocatello, please come and support someone you know who has a brain injury.

No comments: