Playing Dress Up

Playing Dress Up
Brenna wearing Mama's hat.

Monday, October 8, 2012

On the Road

I am at a McDonald's in Newton, Iowa. I needed to find somewhere to connect to the Internet. Contrary to the hype of the salesman when I got my new phone, it does NOT connect anywhere in the nation.  I haven't been able to connect, using it as a modem, for over a week. At RV parks, when the office is closed and the modem or router shuts down, no way to connect.

If the phone doesn't get a signal, and it apparently doesn't across most of WY, NE, and IA, I can't collect emails or call out.

I know the lack of connection has caused some to worry about me. I am alright. The motorhome is running great. I am slowly crossing the US, stopping along the way to see the sights.

Sunday, I went to Madison County, IA, to see covered bridges. The first one I saw was where Clint Eastwood and Meryl Streep did their movie together. Sadly, someone saw fit to burn down the house she used for her part in the movie. This is also the birthplace of John Wayne. I had no place to park the motorhome so didn't try to get close.

From there, I went to Avita State Park for a beautiful night on the Avita Lake. Deer met us at the entrance. We listened to the leaves fall to the ground. They make a happy sound as they fall, meeting their companions for the lasat hurrah before winter.

It is a beautiful day, no clouds, no wind. I will be heading to Davenport later.

The Taskmaster has promised that soon I'll get into territory where my phone WILL work all the time. I hope he is right. He usually is. I have much to do and need my connections.

No comments: