Playing Dress Up

Playing Dress Up
Brenna wearing Mama's hat.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Happy Birthday to ME!


No, it isn't my birthday. Not yet. Eleven days to go and I'll hit that magic age of 65. BUT, by then, the Good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise, Condemned will be ready for sale.

I know I keep saying this but Condemned to Die: Ask me how. Tell me why. IS really on its way. The author's first copies will be here in a week or so, give or take a day. Then, after I go through to be sure everything looks good, all I need to do is let my publicist know and the book will officially go to print and be released for sale.

I never dreamed I would ever be an author. Not long before Brenna became ill, she asked me to write MY story...the one of being a long-time breast cancer survivor (since 1975), my journey through total and failed breast reconstruction, an abusive marriage, and the joys of her birth and life.

And I never dreamed that the story I WOULD write would be the journey my only beloved child took through a broken health-care system after suffering her medically unexplained brain injury.

I have written the story God wanted me to write. If someday down the road, God puts it upon me to tell the rest of my story, I'll do that. But, for now, Condemned is the purpose and setting up Brenna's Hope Foundation is the goal.

Proceeds of Condemned to Die: Ask me how. Tell me why. go toward establishing Brenna's Hope Foundation, for the research of rehabilitation of patients who suffer an anoxic or hypoxic brain injury.


No comments: